Relaxation Therapy – Chose a Different Approach with Hypnotherapy
What is Relaxation Therapy?
Different Types of Relaxation Therapy We Offer You
Breathing techniques – Breathing in relaxation (1,2,3,4), Hold (1,2,3,4), Breathing out all of the tension (1,2,3,4). Repeat.
Mindfulness – This is similar to PMR however there is more concentration on feeling how your muscles feel and accepting it. There isn’t a specific emphasis on relaxing however, it just happens for most people as a positive side effect. It is accepting how things are in the moment. This allows you mind to calm, your thoughts to slow and your muscles follow suit.
Suggestion – This is an incredibly useful technique that works well. Think about it, there is a multibillion-pound advertising industry based around it. If I ask you to think about a breakfast cereal with a tiger on the front, do you know which one I am talking about? If I ask you to think of the most delicious meal you have ever eaten, do you find you mouth waters? Ethical positive suggestion of relaxation works just as well. Now, imagine you are sitting on a comfortable seat on the edge of a beautiful, peaceful glade in a forest. The sun is shining, the birds are tweeting, you feel a cooling breeze on your face. Are you starting to relax a bit?
When you have started to relax under hypnosis your therapist will take you there. It will be described it in your own words so you can really imagine being there, relaxing, enjoying, being at peace. This is your peaceful place, created by you, for you, in your imagination and … relax … good. Are you feeling the benefits already?
What Happens in a Relaxation Therapy Session? – Example Session
- The very first thing is we need to understand your perspective of your world with our pre-therapy discussions. Different people can interpret any situation from different perspectives. What we need for your therapy is to understand how you see things and understand how you enjoy relaxing most. This is imperative to allow us to build a personalised therapy plan and tailor your relaxation so you can get the most out of each session.
- Together we will build a picture of your personal peaceful place. This will be relayed back to you using your own words after relaxing hypnosis has been induced.
- Induction into relaxing hypnosis will take place.
- Relaxing deepeners will guide you deeper and deeper into relaxation. 2 or 3 or more may be used to get you to really let go and unwind.
- You are now taken to your personal peaceful place to relax. You will be guided to really indulge your all senses here. Be totally relaxed and at peace. Take all the time you need to really enjoy the feeling of your favourite, beautiful, serene, calm place. Oh yes, that does feel good.
- Now we will take all of those wonderful, positive, peaceful, relaxing feelings and anchor them, This is your anchor so, you choose a thumb and a finger on the same hand to make it yours.
- Once anchored we will play with those feeling to make even stronger. Pressing your thumb and finger together the feeling will flow through you. This will really imbed them into that one physical sensation of touching a finger and thumb together.
- You are gently counted out of hypnosis and guided to “coming back” feeling peaceful, happy, relaxed and calm.
- Out of hypnosis you will be reminded of your anchor and asked to trigger those feeling again.
- As the session ends you should be very relaxed and now have some useful tools you can used anywhere, anytime you want or need it. Just press your thumb and finger tother and feel … ahhhhh … relaxed … that feels so good.
Evidence for the Benefits of Relaxation