Some Basic Ideas NLP is Based On
- Chunking – anything is possible to achieve if it is broken down into small enough steps.
- NLP models techniques of successful people. Modelling allows us to gain these skills.
- People work perfectly, they are not broken and don’t need to be fixed.
- People make the best decisions they can given the knowledge and resources they have at the time.
- Being flexible in your behaviour will allow you more choices. The more choices you have the better.
- People have all the resources they need to make positive change.
- The map is NOT the territory. People make a map of their personal world through their perception of it and this is the personal world they exist in. NLP is a model of that mapping process.
- Respect everyone model of the world, it may be different from your own.
- Behind every behaviour is a positive intention.
- There is no failure, only feedback. We must learn from the feedback we receive.
- The mind and body are both part of one system.
- People communicate on both conscious and unconscious levels.
- People respond both verbally and non-verbally. Non-verbal communication is important and should not be ignored as it gives us insight.
- The meaning of a communication is the response we get. It is your responsibility to get your message across not the responsibility of the listener.
NLP Master Practitioner Course Workbook
Kitching J. The Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy & NLP Kindle Edition.